A Venn Academy Trust School

– Together we will…

Venn is a pioneering academy trust, committed to building educational environments where all pupils are inspired to become lifelong learners who achieve the very highest standards possible.

Collaborating with all partners, the Trust works with its unique settings to create world class learning experiences for all.

Registered address:

Venn Academy Trust
Albion House
Albion Lane
East Yorkshire
HU10 6TS.

A charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales (company number: 09662303).

Support for families

Welcome to the support for families page where you can find information and advice about housing, food banks, fuel and energy, employment and much more.

Many families are currently struggling with rising living costs. That’s why it’s important to know what help and support is available now, that could benefit

  • you
  • a relative
  • friend
  • neighbour

Here are some practical actions that could help you or someone you know.

Our aim is to improve the financial well-being of our member-owners by providing ethical, affordable services that they are happy to continue using and recommending to their family, friends, neighbours and work colleagues. We are here to help our members to afford their lives – not to make profit out of them.

  • We are a community bank that’s here to support everyone’s financial well-being with safe savings and affordable credit options.
  • Anyone who lives or works in Hull (and beyond) can become a Credit Union Member for life, for free. Deposits are FSCS protected, just like in a bank.
  • We are helping over 15,000 members to manage their money well, develop financial resilience by saving and avoid teh clutches of high-cost lenders. Our small loans are many times cheaper than doorstep, payday etc while our larger loans can often beat the rates offered by banks.
  • Employers like Hull City Council can let their workers pay in direct from their wages (the proven best way to help people start saving regularly) as a much valued staff well-being benefit.
  • Rated Excellent (4.9) on Trust Pilot. Treat Customers Fairly UK Champions 2021.
  • You can join online or in branch at 38 Brook Street, HU2 8LA. (between Prospect Centre and St Stephen’s, across from the interchange)

How Citizens Advice Bureaux can help you:

Advice areas they cover are:

  • Welfare benefit entitlement calculations and applications
  • Issuing of fuel and food vouchers
  • Housing and immigration advice
  • Budgeting advice and charitable applications
  • Employment advice
  • Debt advice and debt solutions
  • Referrals to other support agencies

Generalist Adviceline: 0800 144 8848

Debt Advice appointment booking line: 01482 226859

Email advice: e-advice@hull-eastridingcab.org.uk

Drop in sessions at The Wilson Centre, Alfred Gelder Street:

  • Monday 9am to 4.30pm
  • Wednesday 10.30am to 4.30pm
  • Friday 9am to 4.30pm

Warm Homes Team – Hull City Council

The Warm Homes Team provide an impartial fuel poverty advice service for householders and can provide a range of –

  • grants
  • advice
  • support

All aimed at helping households to reduce the costs of keeping warm and well at home. We are also currently exploring new services to expand our options for residents for the winter season ahead of us, so please keep checking back for updates on this webpage.

You can also use the links found in the related to content section to find further information relating to repairs or improvements to your property.

How do you I find out more information?

Telephone: 01482 300300

Email: warmhomesteam@hullcc.gov.uk

Webpage: Warm Homes Team | Hull City Council

Hull Foodbank – Helping Local People In Crisis


In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. Agencies we work with include: Citizens Advice, housing support officers, children’s centres, health visitors, social services and some local charities.


If you call or email our foodbank we can talk through your situation and put you in touch with a relevant local agency.


They will discuss your situation and supply you with a foodbank voucher where appropriate.

If you are in financial crisis and live in England or Wales, please call 0808 2082138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. They can help address your crises and provide support to maximise your income, help you navigate the benefits system, and identify any additional grants you could be entitled to. If needed, they’ll issue you with a voucher so you can get an emergency food parcel from your local food bank.


You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here. When you arrive, we’ll welcome you with a warm drink and our trained volunteers will chat with you about your situation. We’ll also discuss any dietary needs you may have and exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of three days of emergency food. We’ll also help to support you in any other ways that we can. Most of our foodbank centres offer a cafe style environment and our aim is to provide non-judgemental support at the point of crisis.

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.

Other support available for food:

Healthy start vouchers/vitamins

Free school meals

Healthy cooking on a budget training: Healthy lifestyle team
– Email: healthylifestylesteam@hullcc.gov.uk

Healthy Holiday scheme: https://www.healthyholidayshull.org (free, fun physical activity and food providers over Summer/Xmas/Easter school holidays)

Vouchers: £15 per week food vouchers during school holidays for people who usually receive free school meals (FSM)

Fareshare is run through Goodwin and all the Children Centres have Fareshare schemes, where families with children can get a bag of food a week for £1. Our nearest Children centre is at The Parks children centre, Hall Road, Hull. Hull & Humber – FareShare

Homelessness and Housing

If you are concerned that you may become homeless or have housing issues please use the contacts  listed below from Hull City council.

Who to contact
Nowhere safe to stay tonight During office hours
(Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm, Fri 9am- 4.30pm)
Ring Housing Options on
01482 612040

Out of hours
Ring the emergency duty line on 01482 300304

Homeless or threatened with homelessness Tailored homelessness and housing advice available at:

Self-referral form link at: www.hull.gov.uk/housing/homelessness/if-you-become-homeless

Or call 01482 612040 (during office hours)

Current Hull City Council Tenants Tenancy Office can be contacted at:

North and Foredyke North.ForedykeHousing@hullcc.gov.uk

Park and East

Riverside, West and Wyke RWWHousing@hullcc.gov.uk

or via 01482 300 300 (officer will call back)

Other Housing Needs Apply to Hull City Council’s housing register: www.hull.gov.uk/housing/find-home/register-housing-list

HomeSearch can be contacted at: Hull.homesearch@hullcc.gov.uk

or via 01482 300 300 (officer will call back)

I love doing sports at Griffin. It keeps me fit and healthy!

Year 6 Pupil

It is really easy to make new friends. That is an amazing thing about this School!

Year 6 Pupil

I love doing our Thursday activities. They’re fun and teach me something new.

Year 6 Pupil

My favourite lesson at school is English. I can let my imagination run wild!

Year 6 Pupil

The best thing about school is seeing my friends and the teachers.

Year 4 Pupil

I like school because we do lots of fun activities!

Year 4 Pupil