A Venn Academy Trust School
The Venn Building,
c/o Venn Boulevard Centre,
Hull, HU3 3EL.
A charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales (company number: 09662303).
The aims of our school curriculum are:
- to enable all children to learn and develop skills and knowledge to the best of their ability;
- to promote a positive attitude towards learning, so that children enjoy coming to school and acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning;
- to teach basic skills in English, Mathematics and Computing;
- to enable children to be creative and to develop their own critical thinking;
- to teach children about the developing world, including how their environment and society have changed over time;
- to help children understand Britain’s cultural heritage;
- to enable children to be positive citizens in society, within their community and the wider world;
- to fulfil all the requirements of the National Curriculum (2014) and the Locally Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education;
- to enable children to have an awareness of their own spiritual development and moral understanding;
- to help children understand and value the importance of truth and fairness, so that they grow up committed to equal opportunities for all;
- to provide opportunities for our children to be aspirational, believe in themselves and be resilient.
My favourite lesson at school is English. I can let my imagination run wild!
I love doing sports at Griffin. It keeps me fit and healthy!
I like school because we do lots of fun activities!
The best thing about school is seeing my friends and the teachers.
It is really easy to make new friends. That is an amazing thing about this School!
I love doing our Thursday activities. They’re fun and teach me something new.